PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.04 to 9.10 update Incredibly slow

houseonfire
October 3rd, 2009, 10:32 PM
Is there a way for me to update without formatting or doing the download "Distribution Update" (update-manager -d)
Because this is ridiculous
http://i34.tinypic.com/116magj.png

wilee-nilee
October 3rd, 2009, 10:54 PM
You are going to be limited by the speed of the servers no matter what. You can grab the ISO but that will overwrite what you have unless you dual boot. It looks like your started so I don't know if stopping it is a good idea unless you want to have a mess.

Arand
October 3rd, 2009, 10:57 PM
You might want to try a different server.
Now with the beta release it seems like the servers are taking a fair load (I wonder how release will be o_O ).
- Arand

slakkie
October 3rd, 2009, 11:56 PM
You should switch to a different mirror. When you are downloading packages you can interrupt the process, when it is installing packages interrupting is not advised!

wilee-nilee
October 4th, 2009, 02:18 AM
You should switch to a different mirror. When you are downloading packages you can interrupt the process, when it is installing packages interrupting is not advised!

Thanks for the confirmation of the download and install information.I did a upgrade and install of Karmic yesterday and found no faster server then the standard America or main, most of the others I tried had complete failure, but I didn't try the full list of over 300 servers listed in software sources.