PDA

View Full Version : Dual Video Inputs

tindola
October 3rd, 2009, 02:40 AM
I am upgrading my Mythbox. Up till now I hadnt had a capture card, but this is my next addition. I currently use 2 video feeds, the first is the over the air hd antena to get local HD chanels, and the second is a coaxial feed that is wired through our dorm originating from a DISH TV box. Im guessing that this is now an anolog feed since i dont need a converter box to view it. (its that crappy educational selection)

I am looking for a card that I I can record from either feed without unplugging and plunging back in. Would it be better to use 2 cards or use something like the Hauppuage 1600 or 1800. I read in these forums that the 1800 has issues with the NTSC? and that the 1600 has quality issues with the over the air HD? Is there another dual card that im missing that would be a better fit?

Thanks in advance for any direction.

tgm4883
October 3rd, 2009, 02:45 AM
I am upgrading my Mythbox. Up till now I hadnt had a capture card, but this is my next addition. I currently use 2 video feeds, the first is the over the air hd antena to get local HD chanels, and the second is a coaxial feed that is wired through our dorm originating from a DISH TV box. Im guessing that this is now an anolog feed since i dont need a converter box to view it. (its that crappy educational selection)

I am looking for a card that I I can record from either feed without unplugging and plunging back in. Would it be better to use 2 cards or use something like the Hauppuage 1600 or 1800. I read in these forums that the 1800 has issues with the NTSC? and that the 1600 has quality issues with the over the air HD? Is there another dual card that im missing that would be a better fit?

Thanks in advance for any direction.

I'd go with something that is a dual tuner (or maybe 2 single tuners). My 1600 works fine with OTA HD, but that might just be my setup.