PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu one not connecting.

millstone
October 2nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
Hello,
Ubuntu one is not connecting, even after I click "connect"
what is the problem?
Any help will be much appreciated, :)

sulio
October 3rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
yep, same here. In the upper right corner of the Ubuntu One folder the button stays "Connecting" and nothing. Moving the mouse over the applet and it says "Disconnected". If I close the applet and start it again it asks for password and it dosn't accept any. Maybe both thing are connected, but not sure how.
9.04/i386 version.
Update : I have changed on this machine the password of my account few times and it accepted one of my old passwords. After that the applet updated the files and it works for now :)

joey-elijah
October 4th, 2009, 06:17 PM
My issue has been similar, but although it says it connects and my files are up-to-date - nothing in my ubuntuone folder is useable; photos are 'not valid photo formats' etc but downloading them from online, they're fine.

vinutux
October 16th, 2009, 01:30 PM
is there is any fix for this prob ?

andrea000
October 16th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I have had this problem since Thursday ubuntu one
just went down and a update this morning did not
fix it.From what i can find it's a problem with
there server and has nothing to do with the software.

jordilin
October 17th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Same problem in here with Jaunty. Ubuntu one is in beta and they have been updating it quite often last days with karmik just around the corner.

volkswagner
October 17th, 2009, 09:58 PM
My icon just has the x, indicating it is not connected. When I try to connect nothing happens.

/var/log/auth.log is littered with the following.

Oct 17 16:27:04 T43 dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.34" (uid=1000 pid=3370 comm="/usr/lib/indicator-applet/indicator-applet --oaf-a") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.46" (uid=0 pid=4010 comm="/usr/bin/python /usr/lib/system-service/system-ser"))
Oct 17 16:27:05 T43 dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.34" (uid=1000 pid=3370 comm="/usr/lib/indicator-applet/indicator-applet --oaf-a") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.47" (uid=109 pid=4012 comm="/usr/lib/policykit/polkitd "))
Oct 17 16:27:36 T43 dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.34" (uid=1000 pid=3370 comm="/usr/lib/indicator-applet/indicator-applet --oaf-a") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.48" (uid=0 pid=2815 comm="/usr/sbin/cupsd "))
Oct 17 16:30:01 T43 CRON[4192]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Oct 17 16:30:01 T43 dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.34" (uid=1000 pid=3370 comm="/usr/lib/indicator-applet/indicator-applet --oaf-a") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.49" (uid=0 pid=4192 comm="/USR/SBIN/CRON "))
Oct 17 16:30:01 T43 CRON[4192]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
Oct 17 16:40:01 T43 CRON[4375]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Oct 17 16:40:01 T43 dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.34" (uid=1000 pid=3370 comm="/usr/lib/indicator-applet/indicator-applet --oaf-a") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.50" (uid=0 pid=4375 comm="/USR/SBIN/CRON "))
Oct 17 16:40:02 T43 CRON[4375]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
Oct 17 16:50:01 T43 CRON[4608]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Oct 17 16:50:01 T43 dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.34" (uid=1000 pid=3370 comm="/usr/lib/indicator-applet/indicator-applet --oaf-a") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.51" (uid=0 pid=4608 comm="/USR/SBIN/CRON "))

Also Firefox CPU usage goes to nearly 50% for first couple minutes after first launch. Disk usage is also very high at that time.

I am not sure if the above is related or not.

Via the Ubuntu-One web interface, My files are missing although it shows usage as correct.

windowsfree
October 19th, 2009, 11:50 AM
will ubuntu one work with version 9.10 when released?

TwistedNsanity
October 20th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Ubuntu One is pre-installed on Karmic although it seems a little buggy.

Mia1990
October 20th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Mine has n't worked for a few days now i am able to connect and upload a few files then the home folder and all the files comes up with u1 conflict???:confused:
what do i do?

skbhat03
October 22nd, 2009, 07:31 AM
Mine works some times and some times it doesn't, i am using 9.10:(

joshuahoover
October 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Mine works some times and some times it doesn't, i am using 9.10:(

Apologies for the intermittent issues. We've been making some enhancements on the server side that should address this issue. If you're still having problems, please report a bug by right-clicking on the Ubuntu One client and selecting "Report a Problem".

Thank you,

Joshua

Zenuno
October 25th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hi to all...

I have the same problem, here in Portugal, i can't log in in Ubuntu One.

I hope this problem is fixed in Ubuntu 9.10

I tell you in about 4 days...lol

Glugglug
October 26th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I'm using Karmic RC and getting the same just a cloud on the top panel with a ! mark inside it .

It must have connected at some time because some of the files are in the folder but not the most recent ones .

johnswb
October 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Same problem here. I was able to upload and now I can not. Also, if I create a folder on the Ubuntu One site and sign out, it will be gone when I sign back in.

Will Ubuntu One be beta when 9.10 is released?

andrea000
October 28th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Mine still doesn't work i have uninstall it
i just don't know what else to do.I'M going
to give it a while then after i upgrade to
9.10 i may give it a go again i just don't
know maybe give it a few weeks and then
reinstall it....

vinutux
October 28th, 2009, 11:23 PM
not working...ok wait for karmic....

yellerKat
October 29th, 2009, 10:32 AM
"Capabilities Mismatch" anyone?

ChrisGaeth
October 29th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Yup. I am getting the same error.

Merovius
October 29th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I have the mismatch too.

bertmanphx
October 29th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Ditto...

joshuahoover
October 29th, 2009, 02:12 PM
"Capabilities Mismatch" anyone?

The "Capabilities Mismatch" message notes a current issue we're working through. You can follow our progress at: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+bug/462828

Thank you,

Joshua Hoover

marquinos
November 4th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Deleting everything in ~/.local/share/ubuntuone/syncdaemon/ directory fixed it for me. It gets recreated as soon as you start ubuntuone client again. Also make sure you have the computer added just once on one.ubuntu.com website.

This (http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1291576) works for me.

yazid_j
November 5th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Hi,

I just upgrade from Ubuntu 8.04 LTS to Ubuntu 9.10. I was about to try new features of Ubuntu One but it seem not connecting when I press the "Connect" button on the upper right side window (go to Places > Ubuntu One).

I have a valid lunchpad user ID and I have setup everything accordingly. Hmm... maybe it's still in beta.

Anyway, if you guys have any idea/solutions on how to sort it out, please share it with all of us.

tcole
November 5th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I guess first, try quitting the applet, deleting ~/.config/ubuntuone/ubuntuone-client.conf, then restarting the applet and see if that makes a difference.

Tman5293
November 6th, 2009, 06:13 AM
I think I have solved the problem for 9.10 users.

First exit out of the U1 client

Then go to /home/(username)/.config/ubuntuone and delete everything in that folder.

After that just restart the U1 client and it should work.

vashman
November 8th, 2009, 12:36 AM
This workaround for my connection problem in karmic, with everything updated. Just hitting connect then going to settings and checking the limit band width box. will work sometimes I can turn off the system and it will actually connect by itself.

note: found this to be a definite bug, it should be noted that the limit band width option never saves and reverts back as soon as the windows is closed.

Ubuntu One client: package: ubuntuone-client
version: 1.0.2-0ubuntu2

mickcalcara
November 9th, 2009, 12:06 AM
I installed Karmic about a week ago. Ubuntu One worked for about two days then stopped working. The client says it is updating files but when I logged on to Ubuntu One those files are not updated. And the same is true when I add files through the web interface and files are my desktop do not get updated.

What is strange, as I said, this was working for a few days then just stopped.

Any suggestions? Thanks

joshuahoover
November 9th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I installed Karmic about a week ago. Ubuntu One worked for about two days then stopped working. The client says it is updating files but when I logged on to Ubuntu One those files are not updated. And the same is true when I add files through the web interface and files are my desktop do not get updated.

What is strange, as I said, this was working for a few days then just stopped.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Did you possibly try to set the bandwidth settings in the Ubuntu one client preferences? There is a known bug that we're currently fixing to resolve this, but for now, it's safer to leave this preference alone. You can try deleting ~/.config/ubuntuone/syncdaemon.conf and starting up the client again.

If you still have problems connecting, please file a bug report by right-clicking on the Ubuntu One client and selecting "Report a Problem".

Thank you,

Joshua

yurx cherio
November 10th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Looks like UbuntuOne client is relying on NetworkManager, though the later one is not a dependency. I am not using NetworkManager neither at home nor at the office. In fact I uninstall it. Instead I use WICD (when connecting wirelessly) or simply update network configuration files.

Honestly relying on NetworkManager presence doesn't seem to be a good design decision in my mind. As long as internet/network connection is present this should be more than enough for filesharing, syncronization etc. I haven't seen a program (browser, messenger, any protocol client, etc) which would rely on a specific connection manager.

Kirk M
November 10th, 2009, 04:14 PM

Then go to /home/(username)/.config/ubuntuone and delete everything in that folder.

Please excuse a newbie question but what's the command for restarting the Ubuntu One client? I've Googled all over the place trying to find it (can find any other terminal command but that) and no luck. ](*,)

rodrigo_
November 10th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Please excuse a newbie question but what's the command for restarting the Ubuntu One client? I've Googled all over the place trying to find it (can find any other terminal command but that) and no luck. ](*,)
You should be able to select Quit on the right-click menu on the applet, and then, run it again by going to Applications->Internet->Ubuntu One

Frdbrkl
November 30th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I had the same issues...manually deleted files, reinstalled-same problem. Could not get it to connect at all.

Then I went to System/Preferences/Startup Applications and checked the box next to "Remote Desktop"....

VIOLA!

In my paranoia, I had disabled this....

{EDITED}

Well....that didn't work after a reboot. I'll just wait for lucid and do a fresh install.

babusar
December 12th, 2009, 09:55 PM

This worked perfectly for me, thanks!

switch10
December 12th, 2009, 10:26 PM

This worked for me...

piojunbabia
December 13th, 2009, 09:51 AM
i uploaded a sample file on my ubuntu 1 account but after uploading, it cant be seen in the files.. it only shows "loading" but i waited long for it to load and now its not showing any. I uploaded a .jpg

by the way, as far as i know ubunut has many bugs, these bugs can be found here: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs, a few of the bugs includes ubuntu one.... hope they fix these bugs... thanks Canonical

MickeyMcP
February 12th, 2010, 05:09 PM

Solved my connecting problem - Thanks Tman! Now to upload/sync some files and see if I can see and access them.