PDA

View Full Version : qualities to become an RIA?

abhilashm86
October 1st, 2009, 02:47 PM
hello friends!! after seeing some basics of computers and knowing little bit of how network works, some languages c, c++,slight java.
After starting learning html, javascript, php, mysql, i'm lot intersted in webdesign n develop,i find flex is one of the greatest webpage and it uses local host to maximum, when i see in internet and adobe's website, they talk about rich internet application.........
i want to know what all qualities of RIA?
also can gimp satisfy what all photoshop does for webdesign? i also want some advices like shall i use dreamweaver, others for learning web templates?? advice needed:)

staticextasy
October 1st, 2009, 03:02 PM
I haven't used gimp much but if you do a google search for "Photoshop alternative" gimp is one of the programs that is mostly displayed so i assume It can do pretty much anything photoshop can do.

I'd check out this page from adobe.
http://www.adobe.com/resources/business/rich_internet_apps/whitepapers.html

They have a PDF Document:

The Essence of Effective Rich Internet Applications

Providing a better customer experience for users of interactive software can increase revenues. This paper identifies the four essential qualities that define the new benchmark for interactive experiences.

Could be something worth checking out as far as qualities go for RIA. I didn't check it personally but looks like it would be interesting if you're a FLEX admirer.