PDA

View Full Version : iTunes 6.0 running in Wine

quietglow
February 10th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Hey all,

In case you missed it, Frank's Corner has the 411 on getting iTunes 6 running in the new version of iTunes in the newest wine:

http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=itunes6

You'll have to compile wine, but otherwise the install was super easy.

I'll put up some details on getting things going if anyone would like. Now excellent podcasting managment and access to iTunes store! No iPod support yet, but I'm working on trying to get the things which worked to get it working in Crossover--will report back.

(screenshot attached)

xequence
February 10th, 2006, 04:01 AM
I had iTunes running in crossover awhile ago.

But iTunes is stupid. So I didnt use it. Its big and slow and stuff, on windows and linux in wine.

Seandq
February 10th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Hm. So could I have it use my Windows version of iTunes?

Aah. Legal and convenient.

Nice.

quietglow
February 10th, 2006, 04:09 AM
I had iTunes running in crossover awhile ago.

But iTunes is stupid. So I didnt use it. Its big and slow and stuff, on windows and linux in wine.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course. I manage 30 or so podcasts and ~120G of music. For that, I haven't found anything that works better than iTunes.

And besides, the point of the post was to point out a functionality that is new, not to evaluate iTunes (I also run iTunes *4.9* in Crossover).

Seandq
February 10th, 2006, 04:11 AM
I'm on your iTunes-necessity side. In fact, I found that for producing podcasts, I like Ubuntu's Audacity better than I like Windows. But I need ITMS as well as many other features only available in iTunes.

Sirin
February 10th, 2006, 05:46 AM

Please explain your case. :???: