PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] linux mint-npviwer.bin problem

irish66
September 29th, 2009, 02:24 AM
I had been trying to watch youtube videos on linux mint in fullscreen.
I was able to it yesterday, but today or rather tonight and early morning it kept freezing on me. Actually it froze the whole bloody computer.I also got multiple displays of something called npviwer.bin. Okay so that was what was doing the freezing. A google brought me to other posts about it here.
Someone did seem to have solved the problem, but I couldn't really understand exactly what i was supposed to do.
So I tried things like uninstalling the intalled flashplugin, and installing a different version from the pacage manager. Actually are there
different versions or just different names. Anyway that didn't work.
Well I guess there must have been different versions there, because when i did install a different version and went to youtube, it asked for a newer
version of flash. So eventually i clicked the "get flash player" link on youtube, and downloaded the deb version for ubuntu .something or other.
What I don't understand is why the installation manager would say that
there is a more up to date version of this program in pacage manager. I would have thought that the version at the website would be the latest.
Anyway i ignored that, and installed Flash. i of course had removed the version that was there before. At first youtube would just display a black screen when i clicked a video link ie , the one that appears before the video plays, but no video.
I shut down the computer and restarted. and hurray youtube videos are playing maximised again.
I hope it stays that way.
I know i went into a lot of rigmarole here. But i just thought it might be useful for anybody else who is having the problem.
I mentioned previously that someone else had seemingly solved the problem
It was asked if speedtest was giving problems. Well no, I had no problems
in speedtest. It was just while trying to play youtube videos maximised that things went awry. I presume the same would have happened with flash videos on any site.
I should say that I had no problems regarding playing flash videos from youtube in full size on windows.
So the version i have installed is 10.0.32.18-1
Well hopefully that puts an end to that problem.
M