PDA

View Full Version : [PyQt] not getting the metadata using Phonon...

meep_meep
September 28th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Hi guys,

I'm just trying to learn a bit of python and pyqt. I'm making a simple music program with a wikipedia page attached for the artist.

here is my music player class in the code below.... when i press the play button it will load the file using musicLoadFile(filename) and play it using musicPlay(). the meta data is extracted when the file is loaded and obv the idea is that the track name and artist are displayed.... well they do but late. So i play my track and the getArtist and getTrack functions return empty strings for the first try. then if i load a new track they will return the name of the previous track...

any ideas why?

class musicPlayer():
def __init__(self):
self.media = Phonon.MediaObject()
self.audioOuput= Phonon.AudioOutput(Phonon.MusicCategory)
Phonon.createPath(self.media, self.audioOuput)
self.paused= False
def musicLoadFile(self,filename):
print "----->Path of file: ~/%s" % filename
self.media.setCurrentSource( Phonon.MediaSource("/home/meep/%s" % filename))
self.metaStuff = self.media.metaData()
self.artist = self.metaStuff.get(QtCore.QString('ARTIST'), [QtCore.QString()])[0]
self.track = self.metaStuff.get(QtCore.QString('TITLE'), [QtCore.QString()])[0]
def musicPlay(self):
self.media.play()
def musicPause(self):
if self.paused:
self.paused=False
self.media.play()
else:
self.paused =True
self.media.pause()
def musicStop(self):
self.media.stop()
self.paused=False
def getArtist(self):
print "----Artist-----> %s" % self.artist + " ----Track-----> %s" % self.track
return self.artist
def getTrack(self):
return self.track

any help is welcome....ps im looking for a job so if anyone have anything going in the SE of the UK send me a message.

meep

meep_meep
October 9th, 2009, 10:57 PM
bump

eightmillion
October 10th, 2009, 06:15 AM
I'm not sure why your metadata isn't updating, but have you thought about instead of setting self.artist and self.track when you load a music file, pull that information when musicPlayer.getArtist is called?

Also Phonon.MediaObject provides a signal "metaDataChanged" that you can hook up to to update self.artist and self.title whenever new media is loaded and the signal gets emitted. That would look something like this:

def __init__(self):
QtCore.QObject.connect(self.media, QtCore.SIGNAL("metaDataChanged()"),updateData)

@QtCore.pyqtSignature("metaDataChanged()")
def updateData(self):
self.artist = self.media.metaData().get(QtCore.QString('ARTIST') , [QtCore.QString()])[0]
self.track = self.media.metaData().get(QtCore.QString('TITLE'), [QtCore.QString()])[0]