PDA

View Full Version : OLF Emergency

zerhacke
September 25th, 2009, 06:46 PM
My mother has passed away. It was sudden and unexpected.

I hope you understand if I cannot make it to OLF. However, there is a problem: I have the swag.

If any of you are coming through eastern Ohio and/or want to journey out here before OLF to pick up the swag, it would be MOST appreciated. I cannot attend now.

I strike that, I may attend if I can convince my wife's grandfather to come to Columbus tomorrow on no notice. If I cannot, I will repost here and we'll try to find someone somehow to get this stuff there.

God damn it. I wanted to go to OLF bad. My wife was going to pull a "Princess Leia of Ubuntu Ohio" at the booth, be the hot chick that reels in the geeks. My wife is stunning. You know the score.

Anyways, in a nutshell, the swag is in danger and we need someone to help get it the rest of the way to Columbus. Please help.

zerhacke
September 25th, 2009, 10:03 PM
As promised, I return to you letting you know that my wife's grandfather is unable to help us get to OLF tomorrow.

Please help get the swag there.

jpeddicord
September 25th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Sorry to hear that, my condolences. It's gotta hurt. :(

As I said earlier, don't worry about it. If there's a way to get the stuff out here, great, but if not, we'll be fine. I've got an amount of CDs here that will last a decent amount of time, and we'll also have demo laptops & books out. It's too bad you can't make it.

The stuff can always be used for later times (global jam?) so it won't go to waste.

Take care.

Derath
October 5th, 2009, 09:28 AM
First let me say, my deepest condolences on your loss... You've defeintely had a rough time the past few months.

I hope I'm not being a pain or insensitive, it is not my intention to do so, but I have a question... regarding the tshirt and hat that was set aside for me... Is there a way to get a hold of those, or will they be held onto for the release party if you are able to attend that? Note: I live on the opposite side of the state from you (dayton area)...

Again, I can't imagine how hard the past few months have been, and I deeply hope it does improve for you