PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I add a backgound picture to desktop cube?

ChubbySauce
September 25th, 2009, 07:54 AM
ALSO; does anyone know a good video tutorial on compiz fusion if not is there a guide explaining talking about it you can link me?

by background picture I mean when your turing the cube and see the grey background how do I put a picture there to be specific

p.s. how do I get rid of the gears in the cube

nhasian
September 25th, 2009, 09:29 AM
i found several tutorials on youtube showing you how to enable the desktop cube or how to install the compiz-config settings manager, but i didnt see anything that really dove in depth.

this is probably more helpful:

http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/

MelDJ
September 25th, 2009, 09:33 AM
go to compizconfig settings manager. then press desktop cube. under appearance, you will see skydome. press it then you will see skydome image. there you can add the background you want. for removing cube gears, just uncheck it.

you can watch many tutorials in youtube. just search for compiz

Marflus
September 25th, 2009, 09:38 AM
For the tutorial, nhasian has given you a good link.

As for the background, that's simple. First you need compizconfig-settings-manager, which since you have desktop cube working I assume you have installed, but if you don't, then type this in a terminal:

sudo apt-get compizconfig-settings-manager

Then open it from System -> Preferences -> CompizConfig Settings Manager.

For the background picture to the cube, you want to click on "Desktop Cube" from the "Desktop" Category of the settings manager. Select the appearance tab, and then go down to "Skydome". Check the checkbox at the top of the section (labelled skydome) and in the field below select which image you want there. Easy!

As for getting rid of the cube gears, go back to the main CompizConfig Settings Manager screen. Under effects, simply uncheck the checkbox next to "Cube Gears".

ChubbySauce
September 27th, 2009, 06:30 AM
http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff253/Charliefox98/?action=view&current=Screenshot-7.png

did what you said but its not appearing :c its jpeg and the right orientation?

MelDJ
September 27th, 2009, 06:35 AM
uncheck animate skydome

ChubbySauce
September 27th, 2009, 05:37 PM
nothing :c

theozzlives
September 27th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Here's how mine is setup and everything works: