PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] QUICK QUESTION: How do I change my Gnome-Do docky position?

gymophett
September 21st, 2009, 02:12 AM
I can't seem to find out how. I want it at the top of my screen. And it is nowhere in the preference option.

qamelian
September 21st, 2009, 02:18 AM
You need to launch gconf-editor from Alt-F2. Navigate to
/apps/gnome-do/preferences/Docky/Utilities/DockPreferences and locate the Orientation setting in the righthand pane. Change bottom to the value you prefer.

gymophett
September 21st, 2009, 02:20 AM
/apps/gnome-do/preferences/Docky/Utilities/DockPreferences and locate the Orientation setting in the righthand pane. Change bottom to the value you prefer.

It's amazing how I don't even have that folder. :O

qamelian
September 21st, 2009, 02:35 AM
Which version of gnome-do are you running? I'm running 0.8.2. I can't remember which version added in the ability to change the dock orientation. Originally, you couldn't move it. The bottom was the only position available.

gymophett
September 21st, 2009, 02:37 AM
Which version of gnome-do are you running?

I attached a screen shot of me not having the apps folder.
and 0.8.1.3
Let me upgrade to 0.8.2 quickly and I'll get back to ya.

FuturePilot
September 21st, 2009, 02:38 AM

You need to press Alt+F2 and type

gconf-editor

gymophett
September 21st, 2009, 02:41 AM
Wait. Upgraded to 0.8.2 and now you can change it via Gnome-Do GUI.
Great work Gnome-Do!
SOLVED.

Mi11z
September 26th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Wait. Upgraded to 0.8.2 and now you can change it via Gnome-Do GUI.
Great work Gnome-Do!
SOLVED.

How and i'm trying the earlier method anyway. :)

Mi11z
September 26th, 2010, 11:52 PM

I get:

/apps/gnome-do/preferences/Docky/Utilities/DockPreferencesbash: /apps/gnome-do/preferences/Docky/Utilities/DockPreferences: No such file or directory

:(

*************************************************E DITED********************************************* ***

Yeah SOLVED lol, in the new now current version you can simply drag and drop it to move it. :D

munishvit
October 15th, 2010, 03:40 PM
you need to launch gconf-editor from alt-f2. Navigate to
/apps/gnome-do/preferences/docky/utilities/dockpreferences and locate the orientation setting in the righthand pane. Change bottom to the value you prefer.

+1:p