PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu + Wine

TechSonic
February 8th, 2006, 11:44 AM
I've always thought that a nice build of Wine designed for Ubuntu with the features of Cedega would be an awesomem package.

If anyone is up for trying to build one, I'll help with it.

Mathias-K
February 8th, 2006, 02:42 PM
I would really appreciate that. If it was made easier to configure and looked more like the current GNOME/KDE theme, it would be very good :)

TechSonic
February 8th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I'll get started on it after Dapper is at final release. But I'd love it if someone who knows more about it, would run the project.

BrownieMan
February 11th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I'm kind of new to Linux, but I am in college for a CS degree, is there anything I can do or anyone else could to help with the project. I would be really intereste don working on it.

JoshHendo
March 5th, 2006, 07:28 AM
I probably won't be much help with coding, though I do know it is possible to change the wine theme :)

Kimm
March 5th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Its possible (see winecfg), but it would be cool if it used GTK2 native widgets or even if it used Qt.

I might be able to help if you need it.

FoxLogic
March 5th, 2006, 02:00 PM
TechSonic does not come to this Forum anymore... But the idea is good. I might try it.

majikstreet
March 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM
TechSonic does not come to this Forum anymore... But the idea is good. I might try it.
TechSonic and FoxLogic seem either like clones or the same person... hmm?

Stealth
March 5th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Perhaps instead of making a whole new one, you can work on this project (http://www.mithunc.net/grapevine/) called Grapevine, which has been left at a still by its creator because of school.

Kernel Sanders
March 5th, 2006, 10:46 PM
TechSonic and FoxLogic ARE the same person. :rolleyes:

terje
March 7th, 2006, 09:46 AM
-snip-

bjweeks
March 7th, 2006, 09:51 AM
TechSonic and FoxLogic ARE the same person. :rolleyes:

Or its one person with 2 heads?

KiwiNZ
March 7th, 2006, 09:57 AM