PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot connect to MY wireless internet

tyqre
September 20th, 2009, 01:46 AM
I cant connect to my wireless internet. The funny thing is that i can connect to my neighbors wireless internet but not mine. I have no idea why. My signal is a Wireless G and my adapter is a PCIe slot card. Please Help.:KS

marshag63
September 20th, 2009, 01:48 AM
In a terminal try this command to see all the signals available and what encryption and strength:

sudo iwlist scan

Maybe its just a password issue?

MarshaG.

tyqre
September 20th, 2009, 01:54 AM
it is not a password issue. I know the password and everything. I also know my neibors password and it works when i enter it. Both of our signals are being found its just when i asks for my password i enter it and then about 5 minutes later it asks me for my password again. I AM CERTAIN that i entered my password correctly.

dunkar70
September 20th, 2009, 03:39 AM
When reviewing the results of the iwlist command, make sure your network is on a unique channel. If one of your neighbors has a network on the same channel, they will interfere with each other. If your network channel is unique, try changing it to a different (but still unique) value.

Another thing to check is that your access point is not too close to other electronic equipment. Make sure you do not have your AP next to a wireless phone, unshielded speakers, wire shelves, florescent lights, running water, or large metal objects like a furnace. All of these can contribute to interference.