PDA

View Full Version : CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drives for a Dell Inspiron B120 Notebook

duce_4_99
February 8th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Was wondering if anybody had found drivers for a philips CD-RW/DVD-ROM for a Dell Inspiron notebook. I am not from the linux world but from the windows world, so I don't know where to get drivers as easy. I searched the net for tons and tons of hours with no luck. Maybe someon who has used a Dell Inspiron B120 notebook with linux and knows where to get the drivers can help me. I

If you know where to get them please include how to install for a beginner.

yosef
October 26th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I realize that this is now several months out of date, but in case anyone else has the same question... I have a Dell Ispiron B120 with the philips CD-RW/DVD-ROM and it worked "out of the box" when I installed Ubuntu Breezy and then after erasing that and playing around with fedora, I installed Kubuntu Dapper and once again there was no issue of missing drivers, it just worked. The wifi on the other hand has given me no end of trouble. I shall soon be upgrading to Kubuntu Edgy, I don't expect any issues with the philips CD-RW/DVD-ROM.

mips
October 26th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Uhm, he was looking for Windoze drivers, not linux.

yosef
October 27th, 2006, 12:50 AM
oops

maniacmusician
October 27th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Maybe someon who has used a Dell Inspiron B120 notebook with linux and knows where to get the drivers can help me

sounds like he was looking for linux drivers?

besides, a cd-rw/dvd-rom should work on either OS without any configuration.