PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Another Camcorder Upload Question

txwooley
September 19th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I have a Cannon FS11 Camcorder that only has a USB output. Every solution I have found says either use a Firewire cable or Cinnerella. As stated, there is no option for a Firewire on the camera side, and Cinerella is way too complicated. I have completely purged my house of anything Windows, and now I find out it is the only OS that will let me UL videos over a USB. How can I UL videos from this camera? I have searched for a compatible cable, but none exist. Any suggestions? (This camera is only about 6 months old, so replacing it is not an option.)

wildhostile
September 19th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Hi txwooley,

Unless you want to use this camcorder in live, the only thing you have to do is to download your videos on your hard disk first and use them afterwards. Certainly your camcorder is recognise by ubuntu as a mass storage. Just go in the usb folder that is created automatically and you will find your media there.

Roland.

PS: it's Cinelerra.

ejolson
September 27th, 2009, 07:07 AM
I have a Cannon FS11 Camcorder that only has a USB output. Every solution I have found says either use a Firewire cable or Cinnerella. As stated, there is no option for a Firewire on the camera side, and Cinerella is way too complicated. I have completely purged my house of anything Windows, and now I find out it is the only OS that will let me UL videos over a USB. How can I UL videos from this camera? I have searched for a compatible cable, but none exist. Any suggestions? (This camera is only about 6 months old, so replacing it is not an option.)

The camcorder comes with a USB cable. No special software is required to transfer the video files from the camcorder, simply plug the USB cable in and mount it as a USB Storage device. The video files have the extension .mts and are stored in the STREAM subdirectory. A quick description of how to edit AVCHD files in Cinelerra may be found at

http://www.renomath.org/ejolson/video/avchd/