PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] touch pad and notebook mouse freeze up

chicoharv
September 18th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I am running Ubuntu 9.04 inside windows, 2 PC's and one Acer laptop. On the Acer laptop the keyboard, notebook mouse, and touch-pad all freeze up right away or 10 or 15 operations later and I have to reboot. I can reboot using ALT/CONT/DEL however. I have the Acer working DSL Ethernet and wireless OK. I have a feeling the bias or something does not like Ubuntu. Tried getting rid of windows but then I can't get the wireless broadcom to even work as I think it needs windows to use the windows broadcom APP. Any suggestions please and by the way the laptop is vista home premium and the 2 PC's are XP.

amkoraiem
November 1st, 2009, 08:14 PM
I am running Ubuntu 9.04 inside windows, 2 PC's and one Acer laptop. On the Acer laptop the keyboard, notebook mouse, and touch-pad all freeze up right away or 10 or 15 operations later and I have to reboot. I can reboot using ALT/CONT/DEL however. I have the Acer working DSL Ethernet and wireless OK. I have a feeling the bias or something does not like Ubuntu. Tried getting rid of windows but then I can't get the wireless broadcom to even work as I think it needs windows to use the windows broadcom APP. Any suggestions please and by the way the laptop is vista home premium and the 2 PC's are XP.

Same thing here... I think it has nothing to do with dual booting.... I have windows 7 with it... but the thing started to appear a while after I enabled the compiz effects... but I'm not sure either that it's the reason... the quickest way I found to go out of the freeze for a while is closing any open window with Alt+F4... but the freeze usually starts again as soon as I open another window to do something else..

chicoharv
November 1st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Well I just upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10 and have not had the problem since but now I have to force a shutdown from all 3computers when in 9.10 so I think there is a bug in the Ubuntu and no fix yet.