PDA

View Full Version : iTunes is so easy why is it so hard in Ubuntu?

mrper
September 17th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Hello all,

I am a new user to Ubuntu...:)
I was previously using iTunes a lot.

This is what I am currently trying to do.

Import a music CD into a music manager and get the Artwork for that album.
Then I want to see that Album artwork on the screen with the like of songs related to it...

Easy so far and great...

Now here is the disapointer for me...

I want to print the album art with the songs so I can put it in a CD case for my CAR. :)

iTunes does this soooooo easy...
What can't Ubuntu do this just as easy...

Any suggestions? (it needs to be just as easy)...

Thanks a lot for your help :)

dragos240
September 17th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Well. There are multiple tools for ubuntu for what you are trying to do. :) Also the latest version of itunes works with WINE. Open up a terminal and do this:
sudo apt-get install wine

and then after you hit enter, enter your password you use to login. From there, download the windows version of itunes, and you can use it.

Bachstelze
September 17th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Moved to Multimedia & Video.

Bölvağur
September 17th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Well. There are multiple tools for ubuntu for what you are trying to do. :) Also the latest version of itunes works with WINE. Open up a terminal and do this:
sudo apt-get install wine

and then after you hit enter, enter your password you use to login. From there, download the windows version of itunes, and you can use it.

Look at the quantaty of posts that person has made. Combine that with that he was using iTunes and you should know you should post apt link.

Please click this link to intall wine (apt:wine)
Then afterwards you should download the latest iTunes for windows to your desktop and right click it and select open with WINE.. or Wine Windows program loader.
Now you should be able to find iTunes under Applications → Wine → Program files → iTunes... or something like that.

HappyFeet
September 17th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I just tried itunes in wine, and does not work for me. (I don't need it, just thought I'd try it)

SunnyRabbiera
September 17th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Need to print album art?
try gimp

firefox834
May 16th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Hello all,

I am a new user to Ubuntu...:)
I was previously using iTunes a lot.

This is what I am currently trying to do.

Import a music CD into a music manager and get the Artwork for that album.
Then I want to see that Album artwork on the screen with the like of songs related to it...

Easy so far and great...

Now here is the disapointer for me...

I want to print the album art with the songs so I can put it in a CD case for my CAR. :)

iTunes does this soooooo easy...
What can't Ubuntu do this just as easy...

Any suggestions? (it needs to be just as easy)...

Thanks a lot for your help :)

personally I use windows for programs like I Tunes...only time i use the LInux O/S is to browse the internet

spur
May 17th, 2011, 12:15 AM
The simple answer as to why itunes is so hard in Ubuntu is
"because thats the way itunes likes it". If they wanted too they could make it Linux friendly they choose not too.
i often wonder how much kick back they get from Windows to cut out deliberately a whole segment of the market.
Real solution is get a cheap mp3 player and use it on whatever OS you want. Failing that go the Wine route or dual boot or use a VM or use Banshee. I use banshee to organize my Ipod and to play from it.