PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install of Ubuntu Netbook Remix ends in error! Please help!

kramer65
September 17th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Hello,

I am trying to install Ubuntu Netbook remix onto a Medion Akoya netbook (from Aldi). But it ends in an error. I attached the image of the error I get.

Does anybody know what I need to do to fix this? Any help appreciated!

kramer65
September 17th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Nobody knows anything about how I could solve this error?

NESFreak
September 17th, 2009, 05:13 PM
thats all it shows when booting?

since it's a netbook i'm assuming you're installing from a usbstick. If that's all there is too see, it seems to me that your usb drive might not be set up correctly. You might check the md5 hash of the iso that you used or try creating a usb startup disk on an alternative way, or using another usb drive.

Could you give me a bit of more info on how you prepared the usb drive, and what image you used?

kramer65
September 17th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I first downloaded Ubuntu Netbook Remix from the official site, after which I formatted the 1GB usb-drive to fat32 using windows XP. I then used UNetbootin on windows XP to created the usb-drive.

When booting, it shows the option of selecting a language. I select my language (Dutch) after which it thinks for a while, and then it gives this error..

How would you suggest I otherwise can create the boot-usb?

NESFreak
September 17th, 2009, 07:38 PM
have a look at this page:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromImgFiles

the UNR image is already modified for use on usb drives. The above site contains the instructions on how to write the image to the drive.