PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless mouse isn't detected

Prince Valiant
September 17th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Hello,

I'm having trouble getting a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 to work on a Compaq Presario Laptop. I plug the dongle (I think that's what it's called) into the computer, but the mouse has no affect on the cursor. The dongle light turns on, and I've pressed the button on the mouse several times. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-Val

wobin77
September 17th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Can you 'see' the mouse in

lsusb

theozzlives
September 17th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Press the button on the receiver first (as you call "dongle").

wilee-nilee
September 17th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Does the computer have usb-2 ports, I ran into the same problem in that all my computers have usb-1 the mouse package or instructions should address this hopefully.

Prince Valiant
September 17th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried theozzlives' idea, it failed, and I tested the mouse on Windows. It failed again. I think the mouse is broken, so I'll quit trying to resurrect it. :-/

Thanks for the help!

-Val

ymra
September 17th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Did you try replacing the battery?:lolflag:

wobin77
September 18th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Is it the right dongle with the right mouse? ;-)

Prince Valiant
September 18th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks, yrma...

I wasn't sure if the mouse had a battery when I first checked, so I didn't look hard enough. On your suggestion, I looked again, and found it (the battery compartment is much less than obvious). That fixed it!

-Val

LowSky
September 18th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Reminds me of a time, when I couldn't turn on my PC and ripped it apart only to find out the power strip's plug was pulled from the electrical socket...

LewRockwell
September 18th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Reminds me of a time, when I couldn't turn on my PC and ripped it apart only to find out the power strip's plug was pulled from the electrical socket...

Cheerios Mates!

hate it when that happens

or when you're in the head all soaped up and the captain turns the fresh water pump off

Good Day Mates!