PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Transmission file location

Muscovy
September 16th, 2009, 11:45 PM
I've always been really annoyed by torrents going into really unappealingly named folders. Yesterday I found a way to make it put the file just plain old in the location you selected. For example, the Ubuntu iso is just in ~/Installers/Ubuntu, instead of ~/Installers/Ubuntu/HugeString. How do I make it do that? :confused:

Bölvağur
September 16th, 2009, 11:49 PM
open Transmission

Edit → Preferences
Destination folder : browse to your preferred location

Muscovy
September 16th, 2009, 11:56 PM
'fraid that doesn't work. I still have a folder like "Fedora-11-x86_64-Live-KDE" in the location I wanted to drop the iso.

wojox
September 16th, 2009, 11:59 PM
It's going to create a folder when you download it.

lovinglinux
September 17th, 2009, 12:08 AM
'fraid that doesn't work. I still have a folder like "Fedora-11-x86_64-Live-KDE" in the location I wanted to drop the iso.

I'm not sure about Transmission, but as far as I remember, it doesn't create folders if the torrent content does not have multiple files inside folders. Have you checked if the torrent file you are downloading does not have multiple files?

Muscovy
September 17th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Oh! That's why it went funny when I tried it today!

Unfortunately, removing reduntant files like readme, leaving only the iso still gives me the folder.

lovinglinux
September 17th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Oh! That's why it went funny when I tried it today!

Unfortunately, removing reduntant files like readme, leaving only the iso still gives me the folder.

Yes, it is how it works. Even if you do not download all files, it will create the folders specified by the torrent metadata.