PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] uninstalling wine run windows programs

megaultranoob
September 16th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I have been trying with no success to get rid of a malfunctioning Google sketchup I tried to run in wine. I run the uninstaller over and over and lo, there it is, same condition as before, icons mocking me, shredded pieces beshitting my hard drive.
How do I get rid of it fully? Clearly, parts are not being removed or the uninstaller isn't working properly. Do I do it manually? How?
Thanks

LowSky
September 16th, 2009, 08:06 PM
go to your /home folder, hit CTRL+H to un hide some folders, fine the one named .wine, inside it will be a c folder, in there you will find program files, delete the folder named after the program and say goodbye.

For the Applications menu
right click on applications, choose menu, find the progrma o the list under wine and delete.

HarrisonNapper
September 16th, 2009, 08:09 PM
If you have the issue when reinstalling wine after a full uninstall, let us know and we can check your wine configuration and emulated C drive.

por100pre1
September 16th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Maybe the program is gone but the launcher is hidden in ~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs . Open your user folder and press CTRL+H to find the hidden .local folder. You can also clean the .wine folder.

megaultranoob
September 16th, 2009, 10:36 PM
That got it. Thanks to all! Ubuntunate!