PDA

View Full Version : Please make me linux user forever

Mcqueen
September 16th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Over the years I have installed Ubuntu, Kubuntu, ect. I have always removed it and went back to windows because there has always been something that didn't work. Well now as irony would have it, I have a 100% working Mint OS.I have to say now that I completely love linux, this is the best OS experience I have ever had.

Here is my problem, I have a Inspiron E1705/9400 with a broken headphone jack. The only way to fix the jack is to replace the motherboard. So I found a altered sound driver for windows that produced sound at both my headphone jack and speakers without muting the speakers when the headphones are plugged in. It had a speaker mute software switch. This worked perfectly for me. It even allowed me to use the mic jack as a output.

I was hoping that someone could tell me how to configure my audio drivers to send the sound to both my headphones and my speakers at the same time. I don't need a software speaker mute or a audio output on the mic jack just need sound to come from speakers and headphones at the same time.

Please help, I really want to stay with linux, but I need my speakers to work.