PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No sound with HDMI cable on Ubuntu 9.04

lizarraga
September 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Hi everybody,
I am trying to connect my PC to my TV with ubuntu 9.04.
In my PC I have also Windows vista and when I connect with HDMI I can see and hear perfect on my TV, changing the configuration on Vista of course.
The problem is that when I try the same with Ubuntu 9.04 I do not hear nothing, I see everything but I do not here. I have selected in System, preferences sound the HDMI options in all the choices I also click the switch on ICE895 but I can not get it. I have ATI Raedon H3200.
Can anybody help me? I do not want to use Vista!!!
Thanks in advance.

cblanquer
September 17th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Same issue with an ATI EAH4350 plugged to a Sony Bravia TV via HDMI.
The HDA ATI HDMI provides only the option to "mute" the output but in no case I am able to send sound through HDMI.
That works however with W XP.

luchtzak
February 19th, 2010, 10:13 PM
same here, any suggestions so far ?

Mr. Teal'c
February 21st, 2010, 03:22 AM
I have a PNY Ge Force 220 GT graphics card I have it hooked up to my TV through a HDMI cable, and there is no sound in Ubuntu 9.04, I also cant install the Nvidia drivers. Is there any way to fix this, or is there a card that works with HDMI and Ubuntu?
thank you for your time in advance

karrank%
February 21st, 2010, 09:06 PM
similar here, although i'm still on hardy with a AsRock A780G board and a msi radeon 4350 add in card with hdmi port.

sound + video over hdmi in XP

NOT in Hardy.

Been looking here & phoronix w/o response. Installed latest ati drivers (v.10.2)and have some alsa drivers I don't know how to handle :confused:(n00b)

BobbySpaceScientist
June 7th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Same problem, works in windows 7 but see no hdmi options in sound