View Full Version : Eeebuntu LXDE Beta

September 16th, 2009, 12:14 PM
There's an Eeebuntu version with LXDE out now in Beta (http://eeebuntu.virginmedia.com/Eeebuntu%203.0%20Editions/index.html). Very interesting. But I've got a verrry slooow internet connection, and downloading 461MB would take a while. So I'd like to know what other users think of it before I embark on the download.

I'd also like to know what users think of LXDE in general.

So: any comments?

September 16th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I don't have a netbook, but LXDE is great for low-resource hardware. It makes my old Dell sing. It's no-frills (conky works though), simple, and fast.

September 16th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Meh, never liked the "light" floating WMs. If you're going minimal, you might as well go all the way and pick a tiling wm.

September 16th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I love lxde + openbox. I learned to use that after using crunch bang on a asus eeepc I had to sell again because the small screen was too small for m eyes and the keyboard was not adult sized and I have big hands so it was not the notebook for me.

I eventually got a bigger real laptop and besides the fact I am installing belenix on it now as I type i used a regular ubuntu install where i replaced gnome with openbox and most of lxde .

This news is indeed good news as lxde is a good choice for notebooks. it is light and easy to use and it looks good.

September 16th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Watt OS, Microwatt - also based off Ubuntu - comes as well with wireless card support. Lubuntu in beta - still doesn't have it.