PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] multi session + iso + virtual dive + cd roller

macanudokiosko
September 16th, 2009, 03:52 AM
To be honest: I've been like three months thinking how to submit this query to this site.
I'll detail what I'd been doing in Windows XP:

Step A:
I periodically burned new pictures of my camera, to CDs. However, -doing this- I always erased all of the previous seasons of pictures (which remained stored inside the disc, of course).

Step B:
I then created an iso-image of that whole CD to the HD -for working right with it daily without using the CDrom drive-.

Step C:
I used the Nero Virtual Drive, to pick that iso-image, creating a virtual drive then.

Step D:
I used CD~Roller for accessing all the iso-CD sessions, one after the other, for retrieving the pictures of each old session -which weren't visible already in the explorer-.

--- Can anyone suggest the best way for doing it so, in Ubuntu? I've been having some troubles. --- macanudokiosko :)

abouzar
September 16th, 2009, 04:37 AM
You can create multi-session ISO images using kdb. It is a powerful program which allows you to create and burn images from your files or a CD.

You can mount any ISO 9660 image in your linux system. First, you need to create a mount point which is a directory. If you want to treat it as a cd, then, do the following steps (assuming your image name and path is ~/image.iso):

cd /media
sudo mkdir iso
sudo mount -o loop ~/image.iso /media/iso
This will load your ISO image as a disk. I hope that this can help you ;-)

To be honest: I've been like three months thinking how to submit this query to this site.
I'll detail what I'd been doing in Windows XP:

Step A:
I burnt new pictures of my camera, to CDs. However, for this I erased all of the previous seasons (which remained stored inside the disc, of course).

Step B:
I created an iso-image of that whole CD to the HD, for working right with it daily.

Step C:
I used the Nero Virtual Drive, to pick that iso-image, creating a virtual drive then.

Step D:
I used CD~Roller for accessing all the iso-CD sessions, one after the other, for retrieving the pictures of each old session.

--- Can anyone suggest the best way for doing it so, in Ubuntu? I've been having some troubles. --- macanudokiosko :)

dwasifar
September 16th, 2009, 04:40 AM
You can create multi-session ISO images using kdb. It is a powerful program which allows you to create and burn images from your files or a CD.

I thought kdb was a debugger. Do you perhaps mean K3B?

macanudokiosko
September 16th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Problem: the k3b is creating funny separate files for each session, which are nothing like an iso file.

[quote=abouzar;7956440]You can create multi-session ISO images using kdb. It is a powerful program which allows you to create and burn images from your files or a CD.