PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Asus M2V 5.1 Sound Problems

magevideogames
September 16th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I am hoping I am posting this in the right section. I have searched for an answer for over a year and still can't seem to get it working so I figured I might as well try posting here. My problem is that I cannot seem to get the full 5.1 surround sound in ubuntu. When I am on vista it works fine, but in ubuntu it only plays 2.0 stereo. I am not sure what information is needed but I will post my current configuration.

Asus M2V Motherboard
Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04
Banshee/Rhythmbox/Exaile/Totem Media Players

I also am fully upgraded. Thank you in advance for the help.

magevideogames
October 4th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Just installed the karmic beta and still the same problem. No one out there has found a fix for it?

dublued
November 3rd, 2009, 03:27 AM
+1

I have Asus m2npv-vm motherboard with onboard 5.1 surround sound. I am running dell 5.1 surround speakers. they work fine in windows 7

i had surround working in 9.04 with some tweaks but not in 9.10

i don't know where to begin

please help!

dublued
November 5th, 2009, 07:24 AM
i uninstalled puseaudio and now surround is working.

only problem i have now is that the volume applet is gone and cannot be added

magevideogames
January 26th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Running lucid and still no surround sound. Sorry for the late reply, should have checked the usercp earlier since i didn't get an email about this one. Maybe I should try uninstalling pulseaudio although I'd rather not...

magevideogames
March 8th, 2010, 05:06 AM
So far nothing. I've tried the ubuntu audio ppa, manually editing the pulseaudio daemon.conf and the alsa-base.conf with no luck. Not getting much help either so I'm going call call this case closed since I can't seem to get it to work and no one is helping. So for any of you unfortunate people like me who have an asus m2v or the realtek alc660 soundcard, you can not get 5.1 in linux. Period.:mad:

Dave Gravox
March 16th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I'm having the same issue with an Asus M51v. It ubuntu wont recognise it a 5.1 SPDIF out. It will do digital fine but only in 2 channel stereo. I really want my surround going!