PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Update notifier not present

PFN
September 16th, 2009, 12:13 AM
I had deleted the top panel and added all the items to the bottom panel.But now Ican't see the update notifier in the notification area while updates available. I have to launch update manager to check it.I tried to add it to panel but no error message showing but the notifier never comes up. So iam in need of help.
Thaks in advance.

HarrisonNapper
September 16th, 2009, 12:24 AM
So, to clarify, you have already added the "Notification Area" to your taskbar, but it is no longer showing Update Notifications?

73ckn797
September 16th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I had deleted the top panel and added all the items to the bottom panel.But now Ican't see the update notifier in the notification area while updates available. I have to launch update manager to check it.I tried to add it to panel but no error message showing but the notifier never comes up. So iam in need of help.
Thaks in advance.

When in System/Administration/Software Sources, select the updates tab. Is it selected to notify of updates?

PFN
September 16th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks for your time guys.
I had already added notification area and also selected the option to notify updates in
'software sources'.

HarrisonNapper
September 16th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Just taking a shot in the dark here, but did you also try the indicator applet?

Are you saying your update manager doesn't come up once per day or there isn't a notification icon in your notification area whenever any updates are available?

PFN
September 16th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Yes.I had already added the indicator applet also.
But how can I check is it working.

HarrisonNapper
September 16th, 2009, 03:39 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1130181

And google came in for the win.

PFN
September 20th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Thanks Harrison. I get it and solved the problem.
Sorry for the late reply because I could not come online for the last few days.