PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] garbage brasero garbage os

linux000019
September 15th, 2009, 11:44 PM
brasero burning disc "Creating image checksum" timer is @ 20 minutes and climbing? i burned the cd and now the final step, creating image checksum is climbing and climbing. anyone else have this problem? i literally cannot do anything with linux without running into errors. maybe this is because linux is designed for "professional developers/computer tweekers". can't a guy just use a desktop os without any issues for free? suppose not.

Ms_Angel_D
September 15th, 2009, 11:56 PM
brasero burning disc "Creating image checksum" timer is @ 20 minutes and climbing? i burned the cd and now the final step, creating image checksum is climbing and climbing. anyone else have this problem? i literally cannot do anything with linux without running into errors. maybe this is because linux is designed for "professional developers/computer tweekers". can't a guy just use a desktop os without any issues for free? suppose not.

Nope I've never had this problem and I've burned plenty of disks in Ubuntu. I'm far from a professional just your average computer user, and the only OS my computer has is Ubuntu so I'm not sure about your linux design analyses.

linux000019
September 16th, 2009, 12:04 AM
im not so sure about you having any idea what your talking about, i'll go burn the cd on a xp machine and the odds are i won't run into this problem. say what you want about microsoft at least when they put their name on something people know to expect quality.

overdrank
September 16th, 2009, 12:24 AM
im not so sure about you having any idea what your talking about, i'll go burn the cd on a xp machine and the odds are i won't run into this problem. say what you want about microsoft at least when they put their name on something people know to expect quality.

That is a little rude. :( If Ubuntu does not work for you then use what works for you.

wilee-nilee
September 16th, 2009, 12:36 AM
You might try gnomebaker it will write a iso at 4x, braseros' slowest is 8x, there be no difference between these two speeds considering both programs, but I always use gnomebaker.

NewJack
September 16th, 2009, 12:47 AM
How your cd/dvd writer an older or newer model? If it is older, maybe there is an issue with the burner itself whether with the Ubuntu OS or just a physical issue.

If you don't like Ubuntu, that is fine but no need to be rude. If Windows works for you that is great. Freedom to choose is a great privilege to have, no?

inobe
September 16th, 2009, 02:38 AM

hey no one here has nothing against microsoft, a lot of folks love it here so please use it if it works best for you.

folks here will try to help you, asking nicely without spewing meaningless opinions on the community.

woedend
September 16th, 2009, 02:50 AM

Why would you whine about an OS and then ask for help? This doesn't happen to everyone(and yes, i've had my fair share of cd burning headaches...blame the app not the OS is what i've learned). As far as microsoft putting their name on quality...have you ever looked at xbox/xbox 360 return rates? My friend is on his 5th warranty replaced 360. Windows to me is garbage, but not to you. So as was said before, use Windows...if it works so well, why did you even install linux to begin with?