PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help on Audio/Sound

ryujin13
September 15th, 2009, 10:53 PM
hi ubuntu community. i need help with any informations about sound drivers/installation requirements with HP compaq 510 notebook and im happy to say that ubuntu OS is so perfect im going to use it permanently but i got a problem it seems that even though i update my ubuntu OS i still dont have any sound coming out im guessing it has a problem with my sound drivers. im really lost can anyone help me pls thank you advance.

scrooge_74
September 16th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Check sound options you may have the plug for headphones enable (it happens sometimes)

wojox
September 16th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Have a look through here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshooting

Mike_IronFist
September 16th, 2009, 04:28 AM
hi ubuntu community. i need help with any informations about sound drivers/installation requirements with HP compaq 510 notebook and im happy to say that ubuntu OS is so perfect im going to use it permanently but i got a problem it seems that even though i update my ubuntu OS i still dont have any sound coming out im guessing it has a problem with my sound drivers. im really lost can anyone help me pls thank you advance.

Rarely will you ever have to install drivers for something, unless it's a graphics card or a wireless card. And in the case of Intel graphics cards and some wireless cards, you don't need to install drivers at all.

So you won't have to install any sound drivers, at least not unless your problem is really rare.

Try what Scrooge and wojox suggested and tell us how it goes.

ryujin13
September 16th, 2009, 11:26 AM
thank you so much guys ill try out what you guys suggested sorry for being such a noob thanks again.