PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Amarok 1.4 Downloading artwork from Amazon problems

andynatt
September 15th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Hi,

Recently, Amazon made a change to their API and Amarok no longer downloads the artwork (fetch from amazon.co.uk). I can see that there is a fix for this for 2.2. Does anyone know of a workaround/solution for 1.4?

Upgrading to version 2 is really my last resort - I'm not a big fan.

Oh, I'm running Jaunty.

pickarooney
September 15th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I'm in exactly the same boat, although I'd sooner have no album covers than upgrade to amarok 2.

pickarooney
September 19th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Any luck with this?

Sloma
September 26th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I also don't want to upgrade since on my laptop ver.2 is so slow and I really hate new layout. Any changes? Maybe another script for this purpose?

surfed
September 26th, 2009, 07:22 PM
There is a script called Cover Fetcher. Gets covers from lastFM and DiscDogs. Works great.

Nick Brohman
October 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Hi,

Recently, Amazon made a change to their API and Amarok no longer downloads the artwork (fetch from amazon.co.uk). I can see that there is a fix for this for 2.2. Does anyone know of a workaround/solution for 1.4?

Upgrading to version 2 is really my last resort - I'm not a big fan.

Oh, I'm running Jaunty.

Hello, I would like to get Amarok 1.4.9 as I find 2. is not much fun for this rock'n'roller.

As for covers there two sites for covers:- <www.cdcover.cc> & <www.cdcovers.to> where covers are available.

I've tried to download Amarok 1.4.9 to no avail as all I could get from Amarok was that thing they now call a music player.

Unlike andynatt, I'm not even a small fan of 2. Any help would be much appreciated.

Nicko