PDA

View Full Version : The Misfits...

M!SF!TS
September 10th, 2009, 01:50 AM
I Love the Misfits.

i have been on this Misfits Music trip ever since i was 14 years old. thats now 11 years running...

The reason for this thread is just to see how many other people out their in this for like my Most Favorite band in the world...

for me the misfits is more like and obsession says my wife... but surely i cannot be the only Misfits Fiend out their...

If not, please reply with your dire love for the band, and how long running, you have been a loyal fan!

(I would also like if a Admin for Ubuntu Forms could grant me the UNAME: Misfits -That is unless the user who first coined it on Ubuntu Forms is still active...)

cmay
September 10th, 2009, 01:58 AM
I like the misfits. If your talking about the punk band that is. I have a album with them . I like them but I am no more a fan of them than I am of any other punkband in genre. I just like punk. clash ramones the pistols welvet underground and that sort of thing. and newer punk bands like meat puppets and sonic youth., but misfits indeed are cool :)

nubimax
September 10th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Sorry never heard of them.
M

chris200x9
September 10th, 2009, 02:56 AM
minor threat is better :P

aesis05401
September 10th, 2009, 03:02 AM
I covered she and some other misfits tunes in a garage band way back in high school. Minor threat may be better, but it is not as easy on the ears.

I'd choose 80-85 compilation from B.R. over the other two any day if I was stuck on a desert island, though. Or the energy comp from OpIvy.

chris200x9
September 10th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Minor threat may be better, but it is not as easy on the ears.

I dunno about that I have fallen asleep with my ipod on with their discography playing, I find Ian's screaming soothing :P

DeadSuperHero
September 10th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Which Misfits, the one with Michael Graves, or the one with Danzig?

Or BOTH?

Edit: Didn't make it entirely clear, I love both for different reasons. Graves' stuff is great in accoustic form, and "Saturday Night" is just phenomenal.

But I think Danzig had a better voice. He could just belt it out like none other. Also, the vulgarity in their early works are great. Astro Zombies and Last Caress come to mind.

BslBryan
September 10th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Depends. Misfits, certainly. One of my favorite bands. It doesn't get better than Last Caress, Hybrid Moments, Where Eagles Dare, and Skulls. Even Helena and One Million Years BC, while a little later, are awesome.

However the newfits are not very enjoyable, IMO.

M!SF!TS
September 10th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Its really dont matter i guess what 'versions' of the misfts you like, me personally i do like both but, i like danzig's voice better, that guy had some sort of immortal howling going on, when he left the 'fits i new it would be difficult to replace but Graves did a decent job, and he had some real hits, my personal favorite, was dust to dust from graves and your right Mr. Psychopath, it is good in acoustic form, but the Misfits, to me anyways... is not acoustic music graves is a great addition to the misfits no doubt. yet i do have to say danzig did the more 'spooky' stuff which i perfered more, but i would honestly have to say i was pissed off when he left the band and tried to take the band name with him, so they could no longer be called the misfits... long legal battle...

now when i comes to the band its self, i like the threw back to the 1950's (they even did a album, 'project 1950') i know they liked the look the attitude and the song from band of the 1950's and you really can see it in their music... it adds to it...

im no saying other punk music is not as good or even better i just wanted to pay tribute, and yes i am a fan of alot more other bands, some i like just and much or even more than the misfits. but, i have to say... i love this band!

(personally some one brough up the idea of a desert island ect... if i was on a desert island and had to choose a band who's music i would have to listen too for a long long time... it would probally be... hmm... weezer.... yeah, yeah weezer.)

P.S. In a ring, gloves off... in one corner you got Minor Threat, and in the other corner you got, The Misfits... in a all out blood shed battle. (shakes magic 8 ball) 'Its says...... drumroll.... Yes. The Misfits, Are Victor!!!

speedwell68
September 10th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Depends. Misfits, certainly. One of my favorite bands. It doesn't get better than Last Caress, Hybrid Moments, Where Eagles Dare, and Skulls. Even Helena and One Million Years BC, while a little later, are awesome.

However the newfits are not very enjoyable, IMO.

The Misfits were a great band, but Where Eagles Dare was by Iron Maiden.

M!SF!TS
September 10th, 2009, 05:37 PM
The Misfits were a great band, but Where Eagles Dare was by Iron Maiden.

good call... but it is still a great song, and IMO the misfits did it better... (i am sure my father would disagree)

purgatori
September 10th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Like most punk music, the appeal of the Misfits is completely lost on me. Their structure of their songs show little variation either within, or between, each composition, they aren't especially technically adept with their instruments (perhaps as a result of spending more time working-out/beefing up, rather than practicing), and their lyrics aren't exactly overflowing with profundity or imaginative wordplay. For some, perhaps a band need not possess any of the aforementioned qualities, but I am afraid that for me, they are the minimum prerequisites.

M!SF!TS
September 10th, 2009, 05:56 PM
their lyrics aren't exactly overflowing with profundity or imaginative wordplay. For some, perhaps a band need not possess any of the aforementioned qualities, but I am afraid that for me, they are the minimum prerequisites.

:: purgatori Turns on the radio::

::You hear the beggining of some faint drums::

::Suddenly, Phil Collins starts singing::

:: "OH! I CAN FEEL IT COMING IN THE AIR TONIGHT!!! OH LORD!!!" ::

LOL, Just messing with ya purg.

speedwell68
September 10th, 2009, 05:56 PM
good call... but it is still a great song, and IMO the misfits did it better... (i am sure my father would disagree)

I'd disagree too. The Misfits are one thing, whereas Iron Maiden is something much, much better.

purgatori
September 10th, 2009, 06:10 PM
:: purgatori Turns on the radio::

::You hear the beggining of some faint drums::

::Suddenly, Phil Collins starts singing::

:: "OH! I CAN FEEL IT COMING IN THE AIR TONIGHT!!! OH LORD!!!" ::

LOL, Just messing with ya purg.

:lolflag:

You might enjoy Six Degrees of Su Su Sudio (http://www.cracked.com/blog/six-degrees-of-su-su-sudio-using-pandora-as-musical-gaydar/) ;)

Simian Man
September 10th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I was never much impressed with them either. Fun to listen to now and then, but being seriously into them? No.

M!SF!TS
September 10th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Oh common! Misfits are AWESOME!!! i been listening to their music or 11 years now...

:guitar:

M!SF!TS
September 10th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I'd disagree too. The Misfits are one thing, whereas Iron Maiden is something much, much better.

Iron Maiden rocks... agreed.

But Misfits TOTALLY KICK @$$ !!!!!!!!!

wojox
September 10th, 2009, 07:24 PM
The Misfits

Minor Threat

Circle Jerks

TSOL

Social Distortion

Black Flag

Ahhhhh the memories....

cmay
September 10th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I found the video on youtube that of their version of run away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mg8v1VkBGY&feature=fvw
I have the album Project 1950 which I like.

nothingspecial
September 10th, 2009, 09:31 PM
This is all very well and good, but let`s face it....

They`re just a poor version of The Damned.