PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Hylafax on hardy 8.04 server

minerbog
September 8th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Hi Guys,

Any help would be great :)

I have installed hylafax on hardy server 8.04. All installed fine (as far as I know!!) and runs like a treat!. I can recieve faxs no problem but all it does is store them in recvq folder as a tiff.

I have set the FaxDispatch file to pdf and sendto to my email address but the log still shows it is storing them as a tiff in the recvq folder.

I have searched high and low on the net about this but can not seem to find an answer that works!

I have conviced my boos to use linux for our lamp and file server but if I can not get the fax working I feel he may force my back to windoz!! ARRRRGH please helpif you can.

Thanks

i.r.id10t
September 8th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Do all incoming faxes get sent to the same email address?

If so a trivial script run via cron should do it.

minerbog
September 9th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Do all incoming faxes get sent to the same email address?

Yes all faxes get sent to the same mail address. However I have fiddled some more by running faxrcvd from command line. It does convert to PDF but then just seems to disapear. I have found a mail in /var/spool/hylafax/mail to FaxMaster. When I nano the file it says the mailing has fail because remote domains are not supported?

Any Idea what that means?

kustomjs
September 9th, 2009, 04:42 PM
are you using a internal modem or external modem? its best to use external modem.

to see if your modem is online type in faxstat in the command line.

minerbog
September 10th, 2009, 11:44 AM
The modem is an external and it is working fine.

It receives faxs lovely and sends faxes lovely.

I just cannot get it to forward the faxes to an email address.

minerbog
January 15th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I had to install mail server to handle local emails.

Opps