PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Software debugger for C++ base command line program

whatifwe
September 7th, 2009, 11:35 PM
I am a Windows based software engineer with over 40 years of experience. My experience with Linux is very limited and restricted to the defunct Linspire OS. I am attempting to debug a recompilation of one of my command line programs and I find that gdb is extremely difficult program to use. Is there a competent GUI based debugging program that will make my troubleshooting efforts a bit easier.

mejohnsn
September 8th, 2009, 12:01 AM
I am a Windows based software engineer with over 40 years of experience. My experience with Linux is very limited and restricted to the defunct Linspire OS. I am attempting to debug a recompilation of one of my command line programs and I find that gdb is extremely difficult program to use. Is there a competent GUI based debugging program that will make my troubleshooting efforts a bit easier.

There is a list of debuggers at http://www.ee.ryerson.ca/~elf/xapps/Q-IV.html. DDD is the one I have used before. I think you will like it much better than gdb.

Also, if you install any of the IDEs supporting C in their Linux incarnation, they too support their own visual debuggers.