PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] **Auto-rotation magic** Re: How to Rotate , correct me if i am wrong but.............

R3fr4cti0n
September 7th, 2009, 08:15 AM
not sure how to do this. never did a "makefile before" could someone explaine a bit? got this from http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=996830&page=11 post #106

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC
I haven't gotten any response from the bezel buttons yet. As to whether it will work for the TCs, I'm not sure. ill this get are two non-functioning bezel buttons working also? And would the modified module work for other HP tablets, like the TC4200? Not sure. Worth a shot though.

Alrighty then. Here we go.

**REMEMBER!!** Apply the attached patch to 2.6.30-rc sourced hp-wmi. I used 2.6.30-rc2.

The makefile here uses the headers for your current kernel. This is something intended to be used in a separate directory ie, /home/whoever/blah. Just take it and stick it into a text file in the same directory as your hp-wmi.c and call it Makefile.

obj-m := hp-wmi.o
all:
make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) modulesNow the fun part. The FDI file. I have killed way to much time trying to track this information down. :smile: And I'm not even sure if it works yet.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
<device>
<match key="info.udi" contains="/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_logicaldev_input_3">
<append key="input.switch" type="strlist">0x05:TABLET_MODE</append>
</match>
</device>
</deviceinfo>Make sure you have input-utils, so you can see if your hal device may be something different.

Using input-event(s?) shows that the tablet swivel is a switch. Although in some fdi files, I've seen switches, such as the regular tablet lid switch referred to as a button.

That should be about everything. If I've forgotten anything, I'll be back.

Later.

R3fr4cti0n
September 7th, 2009, 04:52 PM
bump

R3fr4cti0n
September 7th, 2009, 08:27 PM
bump