PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MICROSOFT (iknow.) word as the default instead of OpenOffice (again, iknow)

R3fr4cti0n
September 7th, 2009, 02:35 AM
yes i prefer Ms word over open office...call me a noob...call me a sell out.. but word is just so well put together and aesteticly beautiful compaired to OO also i have to use it for some of my appications for school. now...with that aside how do i make word (through wine) my default program instead of OO.
thankyou and have mercy.

ad_267
September 7th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Open up your file browser and find a word document, right click on it and go to properties, then Open With. Word probably won't be listed there so you'll have to click add, then use a custom command. To find out what command to run have a look at the properties of the launcher for MS Word in your menu.

mike555
September 7th, 2009, 04:04 AM
You might like "Abiword" it runs great in Ubuntu and can be set to save as .doc or .rtf , whatever .......

rockstarrem
September 7th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Open up your file browser and find a word document, right click on it and go to properties, then Open With. Word probably won't be listed there so you'll have to click add, then use a custom command. To find out what command to run have a look at the properties of the launcher for MS Word in your menu.

If it's a custom command I'd try just wine Word.exe (or whatever it is).