PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu - studio 9.04 i386

Miscible21
September 7th, 2009, 01:18 AM
I recently burnt ubuntu studio to a dvd disk. When i pop it into my drive it's a bit unclear as to how I install it. I browsed the disc inside out but im still confused. Can anyone tell me what i should do?

mike555
September 7th, 2009, 01:30 AM
You should have burned it as an image ,slowly , then leave it in and restart your computer , it should start off the cd/dvd and give you a choice of trying it before installing , do that to make sure it works like you want it to before installing ............. if you decide to install it you should read about how to do it right from these forums otherwise you might delete Windows......... I suggest to dual boot Windows and Ubuntu for a while just in case you need Windows for something ......

credobyte
September 7th, 2009, 01:35 AM
1. Restart your PC
2. Right before you see your OS loading ( XP, Vista, Fedora .. doesn't matter ), press F3 or F10 ( depends on BIOS )
3. Continue with the setup process :)

Miscible21
September 7th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Thanks for your reply mike555. But now Im more confused. Isnt this CD ubuntu studio ie Ardour2 and a whole bunch of other applications? or is this a version of Juanty with those applications? Because i have just installed Jaunty this evening, it has most of what i need. But i am after some software for music production. I thought thats what came with the ubuntu studio dvd. Was I wrong?

credobyte
September 7th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Thanks for your reply mike555. But now Im more confused. Isnt this CD ubuntu studio ie Ardour2 and a whole bunch of other applications? or is this a version of Juanty with those applications? Because i have just installed Jaunty this evening, it has most of what i need. But i am after some software for music production. I thought thats what came with the ubuntu studio dvd. Was I wrong?

If you want Ubuntu Studio's applications on Ubuntu ( Jaunty, standard ), use this:

sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-desktop

Miscible21
September 7th, 2009, 01:59 AM
If you want Ubuntu Studio's applications on Ubuntu ( Jaunty, standard ), use this:

sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-desktop
I just typed that into the terminal. From what i can see it's given me a whole bunch of options for my appearances. Is that what was on the ubuntu studio disk?

ps. They look off the chain! lol

credobyte
September 7th, 2009, 03:00 AM
I just typed that into the terminal. From what i can see it's given me a whole bunch of options for my appearances. Is that what was on the ubuntu studio disk?

ps. They look off the chain! lol

Description: Ubuntu Studio Desktop Package
Ubuntu Studio is a multimedia creation flavor of Ubuntu for the Linux audio,
video, and graphic enthusiast or professional.