PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Permanant fix for sound?

mikethebike
September 6th, 2009, 11:45 AM
After upgrading to Jaunty I have had sound problems. The intro sounds work but then nothing else. I have fixed the problem using
pulseaudio -k ; start-pulseaudio-x11
but this needs to be redone each time I start my machine. I have tryed every fix that I have found so far but to no avail. Does anyone know how to permanently fix this bug?

Petertje
September 6th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I don't know how to permanently fix it but you can do this to get the sound fixed at every boot.

sudo nano /etc/rc.local

and add this line to bottom

Save and done, now it will be executed on each boot. As for a permanent fix, have you checked your sound drivers and pulseaudio bug report?

mikethebike
September 6th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Brilliant thanks, that will do for now.

mikethebike
September 6th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Actually that doesn't work mate. Thanks anyway.

Bodsda
September 6th, 2009, 02:45 PM
After upgrading to Jaunty I have had sound problems. The intro sounds work but then nothing else. I have fixed the problem using
but this needs to be redone each time I start my machine. I have tryed every fix that I have found so far but to no avail. Does anyone know how to permanently fix this bug?

Have you tried looking into this guide (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578)?

If that command works then whack it in a bash script and place it in your sessions dialog from the menu's to get it to run that command whenever you log in.

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,
Bodsda

mikethebike
September 6th, 2009, 02:47 PM
FIXED... (actually not fixed but worked around)
I added the command:-

as a start up application in

System/ Preferences/ Start up applications

The sound now starts muted but at least it starts.