PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing remastersys1.0.12-1 from source

praveesh
September 6th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Please help me in installing remastersys1.0.12 -1(the tool used to create custom versions of Ubuntu ). There is no make or make install in the tar.gz. More over , there is no instruction for installation in the tar.gz , in their wiki and in their forum. Googling also didn't show any instruction for installation. Since remastersys is just a shell script, it may not need any installation (I DON'T KNOW MORE). The source is attached, please help .

The reason why Iam trying to install from the source is because the .deb file is unavailable. After adding their repositry , when I clicked on reload, synaptic failed to get the package list of remastersys. No problem with updating other package list. My network is ok. After googling , I have got another repository(of klikit-linux) with remastersys. But that contains only the version 1.0.11 . That version of remastersys is for the Ubuntu versions prior to hardy. For newer versions version 1.0.12-1 is required. I installed v1.0.11 but there are some issues.

marshmallow1304
September 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM
What repository did you use?

deb http://www.geekconnection.org/remastersys/repository ubuntu/
Works for me.

marshmallow1304
September 6th, 2009, 08:33 AM
No compilation/installation required.

Extract the archive. Open up a terminal and navigate to the directory. Assuming you extracted on your desktop, it'd be

cd ~/Desktop/remastersys-2.0.12
Then

gksudo remastersys-gui

praveesh
September 6th, 2009, 10:30 AM

Extract the archive. Open up a terminal and navigate to the directory. Assuming you extracted on your desktop, it'd be

Then

gksudo remastersys-gui

Thank you

praveesh
September 6th, 2009, 10:40 AM
What repository did you use?

deb http://www.geekconnection.org/remastersys/repository ubuntu/
Works for me.

I have used the same repository as you did. Do you have the .deb ? . If yes, can you please attach it?.

praveesh
September 6th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Then

gksudo remastersys-gui

that doesn't work. When I used the code, a kdialog with a number of options was shown .When I clicked on the 1st option (restore including user data) . The remastersys replied that the iso image is created in the directory /home/remastersys/remastersys . But nothing was created. (I had the remastersys v 1.0.11 . I uninstalled it before using the v1.0.12. ) Thank you

praveesh
September 6th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I have finally found it out my self. Copy the shell scripts remastersys, remastersys-grubconfig, remastersys-grub-restore, remastersys-gui to the directory /usr/bin . Copy the contents of the directory etcdata to /etc . Copy contents of the desktopdata to the desktop. Done. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE CONTENTS OF THE FOLDER DEBIAN. Any how, thanks to all.