PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove these specs/dots from my icons? (pics included)

gymophett
September 6th, 2009, 01:47 AM
It is so annoying to the point that I won't use a theme with dotted icons.
What do I do?
Do I need to install a package, fix a bug, etc?

Exodist
September 6th, 2009, 01:55 AM
It is so annoying to the point that I won't use a theme with dotted icons.
What do I do?
Do I need to install a package, fix a bug, etc?

Whats your color setting at?

gymophett
September 6th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Whats your color setting at?

New Wave default color settings.

Exodist
September 6th, 2009, 02:05 AM
New Wave default color settings.
Ehh need a better answer like 16bit, 24bit 32bit... Lower settings will default to that. Higher settings like 32bit will not.

gymophett
September 6th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Ehh need a better answer like 16bit, 24bit 32bit... Lower settings will default to that. Higher settings like 32bit will not.

My color setting is 32bit.

xD.. I'm so scatter brained.
It doesn't do it for all themes. It doesn't do it for Shiki-Colors, Human, Dust, and quite a few others. Around 50% have dotted icons.

Daisuke_Aramaki
September 6th, 2009, 02:09 AM
It's dependent on the engine, that your theme is reliant on. For instance, Aurora, Rezlooks, Clearlooks and Murrine render then insensitive buttons transparent. But if your toolbar used pixbuf engine to render, it's likely that you have such an effect. But there is a patched version of pixbuf engine available at gnome-look, that renders transparency as well.

So look up what engines your theme is reliant on.

Icons have nothing to do with it.

Exodist
September 6th, 2009, 02:14 AM
My color setting is 32bit.

xD.. I'm so scatter brained.
It doesn't do it for all themes. It doesn't do it for Shiki-Colors, Human, Dust, and quite a few others. Around 50% have dotted icons.

Hmm.. let me check some themes out and get back with you. I tend to write theme code and use it for along time and forget why I did things when writing it or certain settings.. I am leaning toward some setting thats built into the theme engine, OR the particular theme engine its self.

BRB

Exodist
September 6th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Its the theme engine itself.
Clearlooks doesnt dither them, while Crux and few others do.

BTW, try my latest theme out: http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=110684
It doesnt dither. Please vote good if you like it :-)

gymophett
September 6th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Its the theme engine itself.
Clearlooks doesnt dither them, while Crux and few others do.

BTW, try my latest theme out: http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=110684
It doesnt dither. Please vote good if you like it :-)

Dude... You're from Mississippi?
I live like, really close to Natchez, MS...