PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless connection won't reconnect

SonicRacer1412
September 2nd, 2009, 12:28 AM
Hi.

I just figured out how to enter my WEP code and all the stuff to connect to the internet. After two weeks though, one night, I left the laptop while it was still connected to the wireless network and after I came back to it after a few minutes, it disconnected and seems to be no possible way of reconnecting. It just won't connect. I must've done something wrong. I wish Linux had a reverse feature like Windows XP does. I wen't through all trouble messing around with it, i.e. deleting all connections and setting up from scratch. And, for some reason, whenever this happened, the Firefox browser will always be in "Offline mode" by default. A few minutes ago, I tried the option "New Wireless Network" from the networks dropdown menu, and after I entered the info in the dialog box, it appears to have connected (it showed multiple blue bars) but my home page (Google) still won't show in the browser (nor will any other site), and give an error screen with "Try again" at the bottom. Could you help?