PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal with wine???

bionicyeti
February 4th, 2006, 03:01 AM
I'm a total linux newbie but get by pretty well. I iwanted to play online poker so I installed wine. Normally I run Gnome but PokerChamps wouldn't run. It installed, but no worky. So I switch and go into xfce and pokerchamps works fine. Why is this? Will some win programs work in only kde and not gnome and gnome but not xfce and so on??? Or is there just something I don't have configured properly?

xequence
February 4th, 2006, 03:12 AM
EDIT: Nevermind, I didnt read the question correctly... Sorry, I dont know whats wrong. Its odd...

BrownieMan
June 8th, 2006, 05:13 AM
I'm a total linux newbie but get by pretty well. I iwanted to play online poker so I installed wine. Normally I run Gnome but PokerChamps wouldn't run. It installed, but no worky. So I switch and go into xfce and pokerchamps works fine. Why is this? Will some win programs work in only kde and not gnome and gnome but not xfce and so on??? Or is there just something I don't have configured properly?

This is just a guess but I would think that it has somethign to do with wine and not pokerchamps, a display issue I would guess.

mostwanted
June 8th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Do you run it in a terminal or do you run it by double-clicking? If you just double-click it, then maybe it's because Gnome isn't configured to open EXEs wth wine while XFCE is?

Right-click > properties > open with