PDA

View Full Version : best place to introduce myself

Kristofer Van Orton
August 31st, 2009, 01:31 AM
Well I just wanted to introduce myself and "the community cafe" seemed to be the most appropriate place to do so.
So anyway I just got Ubuntu 9.04 recently so I'm a complete noob to the whole Linux thing. I dual boot with Windows Vista Home Premium and honestly I find the use of Ubuntu more enjoyable for every day use (although I do still use Windows for certain programs and stuff like that. ofcourse what would be the point of dual booting if I didn't use both of them)
Anyway
- The names Kris
- I live in Arizona (USA)
- I'm 18
- I've been desiging websites and working with open-source software for a little over 8 years...yea I know early start but I consider it a passion of mine.
- I'm also into making second rate short films (haha) and skating (and making second rate skate videos ha again)
- and I hope to be as much help to this community as possible. I joined the forum considering every time I go to Google for help with Ubuntu I usually end up here.

-KVO

sports fan Matt
August 31st, 2009, 01:33 AM
Welcome, Hope you like our community.

Kristofer Van Orton
August 31st, 2009, 01:39 AM
Thank you :D
and also can someone explain to me this whole beans thing because orginally I just though it was posts but it doesn't seem to be going up when I post...
sorry like I said I'm a noob.

hansdown
August 31st, 2009, 01:44 AM
Welcome to the forum Kristofer Van Orton.

The beans are your post count, but they are only added in the help sections.

The cafe doesn't raise your count.

Have fun.

Gen2ly
August 31st, 2009, 01:58 AM
Welcome to the forums, Kristofer. Gotta be a 'Hello Everyone' thread somewhere but this will do. Hope you like Linux it can be alot of fun.

Moop
August 31st, 2009, 02:06 AM
Welcome Kris. :)