PDA

View Full Version : Introductions!

govtcoffee
August 29th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Hello, I'm govtcoffee!

I've dabbled in ubuntu before, finally decided to register for the forums. There doesn't seem to be a "Hey.. I'm the new guy" thread anywhere so I thought this would be a great place to start.

Some background on me:

I've been in love with computers since I was 10 or so and decided to turn a growing hobby into a career. Now I'm 22, finishing up an associates in Systems Networking and another in Information Systems. I currently hold my CompTIA A+ and Network+ and I'm working on my Linux+, Security+ and Server+. I've worked for *shutter* Geek Squad (I know.. I know...) and then moved on to a "real" IT job at a local ISP and I worked Internet Helpdesk mostly but started to dabble in servers and did some actual break-fix work there. I now work for a state agency as a field service technician, but I can't go into more detail than that.

Just a little about me for you folks there, I'm gearing up for the Ohio Linux Fest near the end of September; Hope to see the Ubuntu table rippin' it up!

See you around the forums folks!

stinger30au
August 29th, 2009, 01:33 AM
welcome aboard

madjr
August 29th, 2009, 04:13 AM
welcome , enjoy

kevdog
August 29th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Linux Fest -- never knew there was such a thing!

rifak
August 29th, 2009, 04:45 AM
is this the same ohio linux fest thats in columbus? if so, i wish i could go...school/no money always puts a damper on fun things

fatality_uk
August 29th, 2009, 09:02 AM
We fear the noob!!!! Coming here with your new ways and out of town talk.... :)

Welcome

RabbitWho
August 29th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I am also new...hope to stay here for a long time.

You should take up the violin!

I mean.. Welcome! (I'm new too, but slightly less)

govtcoffee
August 31st, 2009, 03:09 AM
is this the same ohio linux fest thats in columbus? if so, i wish i could go...school/no money always puts a damper on fun things

It sure is! I work full time and go to school most of the time. Linuxfest is FREE!!!! (minus the gas to get there and back, and the food (if you choose to eat)):popcorn:

~LoKe
August 31st, 2009, 03:30 AM
Welcome!