PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can I get rid of the panels on one of my workspaces, but not the others?

triplesick
August 28th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hi.

I want to use multiple workspaces, and allocate one to running firefox full-screen all the time. Sometimes ubuntu arbitrarily decides to pop up the top and bottom panels over my fullscreen firefox, and then i have to leave and return to full screen to make them go away.

is it possible to make the top and panels disappear for good, but only on this one workspace? I obviously don't want to completely do away with them, because then I'd be totally helpless on the other workspaces.

wojox
August 28th, 2009, 06:24 PM
No, but you could try auto-hide. Right click panel and select properties.

triplesick
August 28th, 2009, 11:18 PM
thanks.

Miyavix3
August 29th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Hi.

I want to use multiple workspaces, and allocate one to running firefox full-screen all the time. Sometimes ubuntu arbitrarily decides to pop up the top and bottom panels over my fullscreen firefox, and then i have to leave and return to full screen to make them go away.

is it possible to make the top and panels disappear for good, but only on this one workspace? I obviously don't want to completely do away with them, because then I'd be totally helpless on the other workspaces.

You could always full screen Firefox with F11. That would help too, I guess.

triplesick
August 30th, 2009, 01:31 AM
thanks--that's what i was trying to do actually, except that every now and then ubuntu throws up the panels on top of it, and the only way to get rid of them is to leave full screen and return to it.