PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Usb C-media headset, no sound

clegends
August 28th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Hi folks, have been using Twinkle Voip successfully with my Plantronics headset for some time now. No problems. The headset plugs into the sound card by default (plug for both mic and headphone), with a usb adapter to plug into a usb port. I usually use the usb adapter as it's louder and better quality. The other day it stopped working... conspicuously after I cleaned up some packages with debfoster and gtkorphan... and fslint. So looks like I uninstalled something important. I can use the headset straight into the sound card, but now the usb adapter doesn't work... Others can hear me, but I can't hear them. I've tried in the sound wizard to test it, and it no error message but no sound... Anyone got any thoughts here? I could try restoring my system with a backup from an earlier time... but that seems overkill to me... let me know. I'm running Jaunty on an eeepc 901.

~Mitchell

clegends
August 28th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Bump

clegends
September 2nd, 2009, 04:54 AM
Bump again... come one folks... surely someone must have run into this before? How can I get sound out of my headset again?

bootdoc
September 2nd, 2009, 11:55 PM
do you have pulseaudio installed, in other words what sound backend are you using?

clegends
September 3rd, 2009, 06:14 AM
I've got pulseaudio (which pulseaudio gives me /usr/bin/pulseaudio), so I assume that's the backend I'm using... how do I tell? Thanks very much for your reply.