PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MicroSD card not showing up as mass storage

bobbycheetah
August 27th, 2009, 04:52 PM
4 Gb microsd card not recognized by ubuntu, but it used to. I've searched around but not finding any answers. It worked in my Blackberry Pearl 8100 with Ubuntu fine. I have switched over to Curve 8310 and Ubuntu does not see it. btool works, and charging is fine. The Mass Storage settings on BB are set as they should be. I'm hoping this is something simple that I have overlooked. I have formatted the card via the BB.

Also, I put the card it's adapter and then inserted into my laptop which is running Ubuntu. It is recognized successfully and automatically mounted. Any ideas on why I'm not getting the prompt for Mass Storage when used in my Blackberry Curve 8310 and connecting to Ubuntu? Thanks!

bobbycheetah
August 31st, 2009, 05:09 PM
Issue is resolved. Found other threads referring to a download available at pinstack.com - called BB Storage Activation new.rar I had to register at the site to get the download. AFAIK, the file is from RIM and don't know why it is not available more readily from other sources. Apparently, refurbed, unlocked, hacked, etc. BB's have their USB mass storage connectivity disabled - somewhere in a lower level, and this file re-enables it. Hope this helps others out there.