PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to watch streaming video...

ayelan
August 26th, 2009, 05:16 AM
I like to watch a lot of my TV shows online, but I found myself watching them on my windows systems and not ubuntu system. Does anyone know how to solve the issue of not being able to watch screaming video with ubuntu install. When attempting to watch a show on TNT.com, I get nothing... HELP...!!

airz
August 28th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Have the same problem - help!?!...plz

dsimages
August 28th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Im havin the same issue when trying to watch streaming video through firefox. I have search for every plugin possible and still cant get it to work. Any help would be great...

Ringi
August 28th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Try Epiphany Web Browser (Gecko) in Add/Remove (all available application)

toddr
August 28th, 2009, 07:11 PM
As best I can tell, TNT.com uses flash for their streaming video content. Do you have the Flash 10 plugin installed? If you don't, you can install it easily. In Applications go to Add/Remove and search for "flash" and install the Macromedia Flash plugin. While your at it, you could also install the gstreamer ffmpeg video plugin. You might also try installing the "Ubuntu restricted extras" package. This one contains Flash and Java and a couple of others. Hope this helps.

robyholmes
August 28th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Epiphany works but problems with full screen video

Ringi
August 28th, 2009, 08:09 PM
If you are using Compiz, try in settings> preferences> compiz config settings manager under general tab uncheck Undirected fullscreen

Compiz Config Settings Manager is in Add/Remove (all available application)

robyholmes
August 28th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I have on 'Extra' on compiz, or I installed fusion icon and CCSM and turned off and still a problem

grndplane
August 28th, 2009, 08:40 PM
sudo apt-get miro

iswear
August 28th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Im pretty sure you can zoom in by holding the super button(the thing with the windows logo on it) and scrolling.