View Full Version : [ubuntu] No boot screen

August 26th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Ubuntu is not bringing up a boot screen whenever I start it. The first time I added Ubuntu ( 8.04 ) to my computer, instead of a boot screen it showed a bunch of code.

Then when I upgraded Ubuntu the code didn't appear on start up it was just a black screen.

So then I wen't on not caring about it showing up but then it started to bug me ever since I got Ubuntu 9.04. The start up took much longer than usual and I thought it wouldn't start, but the login screen eventually came up and when I logged in Ubuntu seemed a lot slower than before, it seemed as slow as windows. So then I switched back to windows so I could do more stuff. Then 44 days later ( Today ) I checked to see if Ubuntu got any faster. So I am now currently downloading the updates.

Oh, oops sorry I wen't a bit off topic. Well is there a way to get the boot screen? And also is the a way to re-download 9.04 completely, no upgrades?

August 26th, 2009, 04:06 AM
I suggest doing a clean install of Ubuntu 9.04, as it seems that the splash is conflicting with older versions of it.

You can download Ubuntu ISOs from the Main page: ubuntu.com

Make sure you back up all your data onto a flash drive or something first, because you'll want to wipe the whole drive and put Ubuntu on it solely. Unless you plan to dual boot?