PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Animations in CompizConfig having problems

Naater
August 26th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Hi all! I'm new here at the forums and still finding out new things about ubuntu.(although I am a N O_o B; I have been looking at the ubuntu forums for anwsers since I got ubuntu about a month ago). Now I've been letting this sit for a while and I guess I should blurt it out.

ok, so in CompizConfig Setting Manager under I believe to be called "extras" there is an animation I guess you could call plugin. I messed around a bit and Ooo! The window just set fire! very cool... but after a while I noticed that the animations only work on the CompizConfig itself! No other windows at all! perhaps there's a setting I missed?

thx 4 reeding.

coldReactive
August 26th, 2009, 04:19 AM
Did you by any chance "Grab" the CompizConfig window after hitting a big Plus Sign while setting that setting somewhere?

Naater
August 26th, 2009, 04:47 AM
well.. yes actually to test it.

Naater
August 26th, 2009, 05:05 AM
could it by any chance be the "class"? because it says "class=ccsm". the other options are
Title
Name
ID
Role
Type

coldReactive
August 26th, 2009, 05:07 AM
could it by any chance be the "class"? because it says "class=ccsm". the other options are
Title
Name
ID
Role
Type

Yes, you'll want to avoid anything but type. Make sure to grab other windows while they're open (IE: dialog, Modaldialog, etc.)

Naater
August 26th, 2009, 05:30 AM
ok thanks a bunch!