PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Keyboard Volume Control Doesn't operate headphone volume (9.04)

michaelvoss
August 25th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I have finally made the switch to Ubuntu. I've tried with previous versions, but it didn't seem quite ready for my limited skills. Tried out 9.04 and liked it so much I did a complete install and cut the Windows cord.

Anyway, I think I only have one issue. I think it's a simple one. I've searched on the forums and other resources and haven't found a straightforward answer.

I have a Dell laptop and I have the sound coming through some non-powered speakers hooked into the headphone jack.

On my wireless keyboard I have volume controls. When I push them, I see the master volume slider move accordingly, but it has no effect whatsoever on the sound coming through those speakers. The headphones slider doesn't move either. Furthermore, even if I mute the master volume, the headphone volume remains unchanged and I can still hear sound.

Is there an easy fix for this?

michaelvoss
August 25th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I figured it out by playing with the sound preferences and selecting multiple devices after selecting the correct options.