PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.04; Inspiron 1252; blender display all screwed up

evilkillerfiggin
August 24th, 2009, 07:57 PM
This error happened after I upgraded to 9.04 - blender's display now bugs out (looking something like this: http://imagebin.org/60904) Large sections of the UI are missing, letting whatever windows are behind them show through. Moving the view around leaves little lines everywhere.

At the time of the upgrade, I got none of the symptoms everyone else was complaining about - no 2D slowdown at all. Just blender. There may have been other apps likewise affected, but I haven't used them since.

After this upgrade, I pretty much abandoned Ubuntu in disgust for a while, and used a desktop PC for work. I think I may have tried some of the online fixes, but I'm pretty sure I'd have undone them all when they didn't work. I'm afraid my memory's rather foggy.

Anyway: has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix yet? I'm soon to be deprived of my desktop and so this is getting rather urgent.

As stated in the title, I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 upgraded from 8.10 on a Dell Inspiron 1252 laptop.

evilkillerfiggin
August 25th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Shall I take it, then, that no one else has had this problem?

MrJoeyUK
September 5th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I'm gunna bump this thread.. also having the same problem (On a HP 530) and would appreciate any suggestions for a fix.